Social Worker

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Love and Work

Things with the new man I met are not looking so hot. I thought I was ready for this dating thing. I thought I was protecting myself and could handle this. But now I'm not so sure. I really thought things were going good. He is really sweet and he compliments me way too much. He is fun and playful. Maybe he's just busy or maybe he just got scared or maybe "he's just not that into me". Or maybe I just called him too much. Or maybe, maybe, maybe...am I really ready for all this? I was talking about him the other day with a friend and had a huge smile on my face. She asked, "is he the one?" and I had to stop myself. I think I was starting to think he was (!?!?) What am I thinking?!!

Work has been ridiculously busy! I'm running myself ragged and falling further behind. I'm distracted a little (see above), but I think I've kept my head in the game. I had three emergencies happen all in one day last week and people are expecting way too much out of me. I have tons of messages and to-do lists and expectations and deadlines and I am not sure how long I can keep this up. There is a small light at the end of the tunnel with two new workers coming on board, but it will be a while before the relief is felt. I'll just keep at it because that is what I do. I'll hope for the best. Keep me in your thoughts!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there girl! We man-types don't always say and do the right things. Slam a shooter then call him!

Saturday, October 21, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Ugh. I hope things let up for you. And in the love department don't analyze everything so meticulously -- it'll drive you nuts! Try to just go with the flow. I love ya, girl! Here's a BIG [HUG] just for you!!!!!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG!!

Snoochie Boochies!!!

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Janet Lyn said...

Thanks, Leslie and Darrell...you guys are great!! How did you two make it through this dating thing? Sometimes it really sucks!!

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home