Social Worker

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I don't know where to begin

I just have so much to tell!! I made it through the summer semester and it was the hardest one yet. I don't know my grades yet, but hopefully I did okay. I start my internship this fall with Texas Neuro Rehab Center and will be learning more about medical social work. I'm looking forward to something new in the work/school field.

But....for the really good stuff.....

I'm getting married and having a baby!!!!!!!!! Yes, to all those who know me and know my dreams, they are coming true. Look back to May 25th post and that's the first hint of Howard. He is truly the love of my life, my soul mate, the one meant for me. We look at each other almost daily and ask "where have you been all my life" and "really? you're still here?" We are both so amazed at the feelings and love between us. And believe it or not, we felt this way before we found out we were pregnant. We had actually already talked about marriage and he had moved in with me. So, then the baby came along and although it's a little fast, we both feel like we are more than ready and have more than enough love to give a baby the best family possible.

Baby stats - We are 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. The baby is healthy and so am I. We heard the heartbeat last week and we both cried. Howard has researched all the healthy foods that I should be eating and is fixing my lunch (on most days ;-)) and is really making sure I'm staying healthy. I lost one pound at our last doctor appointment but the doc says that's okay because I am too overweight anyway. He just doesn't want me losing too much during the pregnancy. Our next appointment is August 15 so I'll keep everyone updated.

Wedding info - We have set a date for October 6, 2007...but...we don't know where or how right now. We're still trying to figure out how to pay for it all. My parents are willing to help a little, but they don't want me to go overboard so they're only offering a little. Howard's parents will help some, but they just gave his sister an expensive wedding in May so they're a little broke at the moment. I'm sure we'll figure something out by mid-August and then will start sending out invitations. We really don't want a big wedding. We are limiting ourselves to 50 guest each because we each have pretty big families. The place we want to have it has an excellent package and all I would need is my dress, cake, and catering. They even have decorations and flowers!! The package includes a photographer and a wedding planner so that would make my job easier and a lot less expensive. And the best part, I would be a princess...yep...it's a castle!! Check it out at www.falkensteincastle.com. It's still in the dream category, but we're getting closer and closer :-D

Well, I think that's enough shocker (!!!) for the day. I'm gonna go chill on the couch and enjoy my semester break.

Love you all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home